255 Buchanan Street, Glasgow.
Lymburn’s was situated at the corner of Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street. The photograph here was taken from Buchanan Street side in the 1963.
In 1875, wine & spirit merchant Hugh Lang owned this establishment along with licensed premises in Argyle Street and Broomielaw.
In 1896 Mungo Fairlie Wilson acquired the premises, he occupied it until 1908. Robert Brownlie Fleming took over the licence in 1909 and continued to run a successful business well after Second World War.
Henry Stirling Lymburn put his name above the doorway from the late 1950s until it was demolished in the 1960s. Mr Lymburn was well established in other well known pubs in the city, he had premises at 519 Dumbarton Road and 431 St. George’s Road.