410 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow. G2 3JD. Tel: 0141 333 1138.
In the 1940s this was Roneo Ltd Steel Office Furniture Store.
It opened as a public house in 1961 by John Milne managing Director of the firm R W Cairns under the name of the Amphora, the name of course, comes from the Greek or Roman drinking vessel. The Cairns family have been trading in Glasgow for nearly 150 years and still run businesses in and around the West of Scotland.
Over the years the pub has had name changes such as Maxaluna and Edward’s.
The bar has now changed it’s name again, this time it’s the Sauchiehaugh. 2008.
In the News 1972…