Ward’s Bar, Parkhead and Partick. 69 Westmuir Street, Glasgow.
91 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. David Anderson’s Auld Hoose. Circa 1910. In 1892 the proprietor was Mr David Anderson, the pub was then called the Auld House. Mr Anderson collected antiquarian curios and fixed them on the walls in the bar. Over the years the place became cluttered with unusual things of interest, including a […]
243 Westmuir Street, Parkhead, Glasgow. G31. Now Demolished. The Anchorage Bar, 1991. This was known to the locals as low Worton’s after the owners name, high Worton’s was the Anchor Bar on the Gallowgate at Parkhead. Opened around 1910 by the Worton family. The Anchorage Bar is now long gone. A new housing estate now […]