1592 Paisley Road West, Glasgow. G52 3QY. Tel: 01418827121.
The Parkway. 1991.
Opened in 1963 by Reo Stakis Enterprises. The Parkway stands on its own ground and consisted of a public bar, cocktail bar and lounge and an off sales department sometimes known as the family department.
The public bar had soft lights and sweet music, the bar itself was L shaped with elbow rests and it’s frontage carried illuminated panels of old vintage motor cars. The mirrored gantry was well lit with a series of old cars.
The large lounge was divided from the bar by a low partition behind which leather covered wall seating and stools were provided. One wall was covered with black and white wallpaper while the other was panelled and arched. Brass fittings were everywhere. The seated area was covered with a tartan fitted carpet.
Exterior view of the Parkway. 1963.
From the doorway extending along the bar front the flooring was of red lino.
The cocktail bar and lounge also had an L shaped bar with old cars on the front of the main bar, panells of old cars were in placed of mirrors on the gantry. A carpet of abstract design covered the entire floor area. The seating accomodation here was of rich grey and light brown leather covers and wallseats and stools the chairs were spaced out to give a comfortable feel to the place.
Interior view of the lounge cocktail bar.
The ceiling was arched in white wood which was very effective. From the ceiling over the seating area were seven copper bulb light fittings while spot lights over the bar counter provided ample soft illumination. On the walls of both the public lounge and the cocktail lounge old time carriage lamps had been used with effect to complete the lighting arrangements.
To the rear of the premises car parking was provided.
Interior view of the cocktail lounge.
The Parkways Lounge advert 1973.