476 Springburn Road, Glasgow.
The Haven circa 1960.
The Haven sat at the corner of Springburn Road and Hydepark Place. Just to the left of the photograph behind the wall was steep stairs which led to Springburn Library.
Mr James B McLaren was landlord in 1891 he also ran a licensed grocer’s business in Glebe Street, this pub became known as the Manx Bar. In 1901 Mr McLaren’s wife Susan took over the running of the pub in Springburn Road until 1907. The pub was then sold to William Scott who ran the pub until his death at the end of the First World War. His wife Edith then took over the running of the pub.
Other license Holders for the pub was William Reid in the 1940s, Samuel T Brown ran the pub from 1955 until 1970s.