Tollcross Road, near Fullerton Park. Closed Down. The Duke of Touraine was established in Parkhead in 1969. Another opened in Ingram Street with Sylvester’s next door. The one in Tollcross Road is now closed down and became a Kebab shop. Also see The Duke of Touraine in Duke Street. Also see Sylvester’s the Pub and […]
Tollcross Road, Parkhead Cross, Glasgow. Closed. This was one of the shortest openings of a Glasgow pub, it only stayed open for a few years and is now closed down. It was formerly the T S B Bank. After a few years it opened again by the people who own Fullarton Park Hotel and renamed […]
498-502 Tollcross Road,Tollcross, Glasgow. G31 4XX. Closed. The Charter. 1991. The Charter Bar. 1958. Charter Bar, the lounge. 1958. The Charter Bars main bar. 1958. Charter Bar seating arrangement. 1958. This pub is now called Cotters Bar the locals still refer to it by it’s old name the Charter. To read the history of this […]
51-67 Tollcross Road, Glasgow. G31 4UG. Closed. Bowlers Rest. 1991. In the early 1800s a lane known as Montgomery’s opening led to Parkhead Bowling Green and Montgomery’s Tavern now the Bowlers Rest. In the middle of the 1800s a group of players left this club an formed the Belvidere Bowling Club in Elba Lane, part […]
990 Tollcross Road,Tollcross, Glasgow. G32 8UP. Tel: 0141 778 1442. Bells Bar 1991. The Bells. 2015. The Bells 2005. Do you know anything about The Bells Bar? If so please leave a comment. END.