418 Parliamentary Road, Glasgow. The Nipp was situated on Parliamentary Road at the corner of Killermont Street. There was a pub on this site since at least the 1860s. The first licensee was a gentleman called Colin More who was trading from these premises in 1860. He lived with his family at 10 Killermont Street […]
394 Parliamentary Road, Glasgow. Demolished. The Lemon Tree sat at the corner of Parliamentary Road and Pladda Street formerly Calderwood Street. There has been a pub on this site since 1863, owned by Charles McGilvray. Two year later Robert Lang took over the pub, Mr Lang lived in one of the flats next door to […]
420 Parliamentary Road, Glasgow. Forfarshire Bar. 1960s The Forfarshire Bar sat on the corner of Parliamentary Road and Killermont Street. This old pub was ideally situated near the Buchanan Street Bus Station. There has been a pub on this site since at least 1870s. Robert Anderson was landlord here in 1875, he also had pubs […]
194 Parliamentary Road, Glasgow. F Meichen.c 1920s. To read the history of this popular bar Click here.