214 St. George’s Road, Glasgow. Closed Down. The Wee Hoose. 1936. This is the leaded window from 1930. The hanging sign. 1903s. To read the full history of this popular pub, check back soon for our second book! END.
St Georges Road
129 St. Georges Road, Glasgow. G3 6JA. Tel: 0141 332 5125. The Carnarvon Bar. 1991. Vincent Clancy the landlord has been serving the punters here for years. There has been a pub on this site since 1872 owned by James Leitch, it was sold to thirty year old Thomas Downie in 1876 he live not […]
2-4 St. George’s Road, Charing Cross, Glasgow. G3 6UJ. Tel: 0141 332 7000. Speakers Corner. 1991. In recent years this old pub has had many name changes including Driftwood, The Corner, The Gate, Burlin Jack’s it is now called Los Borrachos and has a Mexican theme. Update 2014… The pub is now back to the […]
247-49 St George’s Road, Glasgow. Bell’s Bar. 1964. This was once called McBeth’s Bar in 1912 until after WW1. Alexander McBeth the proprietor moved here from across the road, where he had a public house from as early as 1891. Before WW2 George Smith was landlord here, after the war Duncan Smith ran the pub. […]