West Regent Street, Glasgow. Whitehall restaurant advert 1974. This was originally owned by brothers George and John MacLachlan. The Whitehall. 1977.
West Regent Street
142 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 2RQ. Tel: 0141 204 3605. Richards Basement. 1991. Update…2005. Now Called the Bear. In the NEWS 1979… A Warm Welcome to the Hot House… Mouth-Watering moussaka, burger on sesame bun with French fries, tagliatelle Bolognaise and quiche…, all at one restaurant. Versatility is the trademark of the newly opened […]
176 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 4RL. Tel: 0141 248 3801. The News in 1970… Chess Board All Set In Victorian times many parts of Glasgow had a regal atmosphere of some grandeur, and perhaps none more than Blythswood Square area. To-day many of the buildings thereabouts still have the Victorian stamp on them. If […]
56 West Regent Street, Glasgow. G2 2RA. Closed. In 1948 56 West Regent Street was a plumbers store owned by John Richmond & Company. In the 1950s it was opened as “The Nosh Bar.” In 1960 it was owned by Mr. A Nobile. The premises was also known as the Colony Restaurant. However it will […]