500 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G12 8EL. Tel: 0141 334 2995. Hubbard’s with Viper at the corner. 2008. The viper at the corner was formerly called Cleopatra’s it was soon to become well known all over the city as Clatty Pat’s by the locals. This photograph was taken in 2008. Telephone number of Viper […]
1051 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G 12. Tel: 0141 356 7576. Carriages. 1991. Now called Bar Stazione. Tel: as above. French for Station. This former railway station was designed by architect J J Burnet, he purposely built the station to look like a west end villa so that it didn’t stand out like […]
185-189 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G4 9EB. The Captain’s Rest, 1980s. Munro Motors occupied this site in the early 1960s. The pub is now known as the Captains Rest. It was also known as the Baracuda Bar. Pharaohs 1991. The Captains Rest 2005. Alfie Conn Celtic fame once owned this pub. In the NEWS […]
455 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G12 Tel: 0141 357 1038. This cafe bar is located in an old railway arch overlooking the river Kelvin.
617 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G12 8HX. Tel: 01413396424. The Western. 1991. This was originally the sit of John Murray & Sons, grocers. During the 1970s Victoria Wines was trading from this site. The pub had a refit, paint job and a new name which is called Belle. Belle. 2008.
499 Great Western Road, Glasgow. G12 Tel: 0141 334 0884. Chimmy Chumgas. 1991. This was once a well known Victorian Grocery business located in the Cooper’s Building. It has changed it’s name since this photograph was taken and is now called Bar Oz.