798 London Road, Glasgow. G40. Demolished. The Cot Bar. 1964. The Cot Bar was situated at the corner of London Road and Queen Mary Street. This old London Road howff was established in 1869 by east end spirit merchant James Barr. To read more on the history of the Barr family please check back soon […]
75 Main Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow. G40 1QB. Closed Down. Shaw’s Bar. 1991. This very old Bridgeton bar has closed it’s door many times in recent years. There was a pub on this site in 1849 occupied by publican Joseph Porter. Over the years many publicans have come and gone, some of them staying longer than […]
46 Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow. G40 4AB. Tel: 0141 554 1914. The Dominion Bar. 1991. The Dominion Bar August. 2005. Facts… Licence Holders. 1973-1962 Janet Kilpatrick Gallagher Dillon. 1960-1937 James Dillon. 1919-1911 Jeanie Campbell. 1890 James Campbell. Do you remember this old pub? If so please leave a comment. END.
146 James Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow. Demolished. James Durward owned this pub in the 1930s, he continued as licensee for thirty years. In 1968 John Kenneth Dunbar took over the licence. When the building was condemned the Dunbar family removed to Landressy Street, just around the corner from the pub, this pub still operates today and […]