1956 Dumbarton Road, Yoker, Glasgow. Tel: 01419594702.
Smugglers Inn. 1990s.
This was the site of the Bassett & Linde Dining Rooms. In 1956 it was opened as the Smuggler’s Inn by Mr R Barton. In 1966 it was under threat of being closed down with 7 other pubs and 3 off sales in the Local Veto battle in the ward. The pubs under threat were the Lovat Arms, Anchorage Bar, Station Bar, Elderslie Bar, The Dry Dock, The Dog Watch and the Forum. The Off-Sales were T & J Geates Ltd, the Wine Merchants, and Cosgrove & Son Ltd.